I'm posting this for Alan and Julie Dance. Here is an email that Julie sent out reguarding where they will serve as mission president and wife. -H and J
...........
Dear Family,
Alan and I have been called by the first Presidency to preside in the Anchorage, Alaska Mission. We feel at peace that is where the Lord wants us to "teach and preach and work like missionaries do" (To the the tune of "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission".) I love you all and will keep the impact that your lives and testimonies have had on me in my heart to give me strength and courage. We received the assignment letter by FedEx on Monday, Feb 25 at 11 am. I calmly retrieved the envelope, and set it upstairs. No, I did not peek. I only opened the seal to see what was in the envolope, but not read it. Sure enough, there was a letter (no peeky!) and thicker enveolope. We wanted to wait to read it outloud in the presence of our children via a conference call by phone later on that same night. Just as planned, we arranged a call time. Megan was the first one to get through. Then, as she waited, she heard Jared's voice say, "Hi, this Jared. I am here." Then, another voice, "Hi, this is Amanda, I'm here." Then, the voice of Melanie, Brent and Andrea added on. Megan thought that was very cool the way the family gradually added on and she felt a surge of love and support that only family can give. Finally, I got through for Emily, Alan and I. We set up my camera to take a video of me reading the letter. As some of you know, the high level of anticipation just prior to reading your assignment letter is quite exciting and full of emotion. I am greatful for my husband, parents, brothers, brothers-in-law, nephews, neices, daughter-in-law, son-in-law and my own sons and daughter who have answered the call to serve. You all have set in motion an example like non other for me to follow. Without hesitation you answered your call and duty to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. Thank you. Like Nephi in I Nephi 15:33 ". . . the Lord hath commanded me and I must obey". More details to follow. Just want to share the news. I am grateful for a such a great family to be a part of.
Eat some blubber for lunch and swim with a seal.
Love, your daughter, sister, and aunt Julie
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wonderful! That's where I'd want to serve!!! My roommate spent his summer there doing a geology internship. Alaska is truly America's last frontier. You'll soon experience what Jack London named, "The Call of the Wild," and you'll never want to leave! Many great opportunities, and many wonderful, wonderful people. It's true, hitch-hiking is never a bad idea in Alaska.
What a beautiful place to serve!
we are behind you 150%! What an amazing call!
We are so excited for you! What lucky missionaries up there to get the two of you. Be sure to put us on the email list!
Post a Comment