I've offered to help out a bit with this blog and would like some feedback on what level of privacy you all would like. Please share your preference regarding the following options:
1. Allow only invited people to view the blog. This would remove our blog from the public domain, and only blog authors and those who are invited to the blog can actually view it. Your Gmail account password would be required to view the blog. Exchange of more sensitive information would be safer.
2. Allow anonymous viewers, but restrict commenting to blog members only. As you can see, we have already received a few spam comments. I changed the settings to this option for now, so we shouldn't get any more spam.
3. Other options? There are a lot of little settings and content options you can customize. Those of you with blogs, let me know if you have an idea of something to fix or add (i.e. sidebar content) and I will add it.
FYI-- Why is this blog free? It's part of your Gmail account. (A lot of people actually earn money with their blogs by hosting Google Adsense on their blog.) Where is everything stored? Any photos you upload to this site are added to an album automatically created for you in your online Google Photos (Picasa) account. They're "stored" there and you get 1000Mb of storage on that account for free. So! Start sharing your memories.
FYI-- Why is this blog free? It's part of your Gmail account. (A lot of people actually earn money with their blogs by hosting Google Adsense on their blog.) Where is everything stored? Any photos you upload to this site are added to an album automatically created for you in your online Google Photos (Picasa) account. They're "stored" there and you get 1000Mb of storage on that account for free. So! Start sharing your memories.
3 comments:
Dear Everyone. this is so exciting! 1st of all, I hope the DRDance family is a good name, because I was thinking of David Richard Dance Family, but it looks a bit like Dr. Dance and if any of my Dr. sons want it, I am happy to change. Most importantly, congratulations JeVonne and Paul. I love Paul and have liked him from the beginning----I'm glad you took your time JeVonne though it was a long wait for me! I just addressed the invites for the shower on the 23rd and Channing and Kim, you are invited though we know the distances; if anyone else is in town, you're invited! I know Jane is doing one in Utah. We are all dying to celebrate Paul and JeVonne! so Wonderful. The princess Jane picture is too good to be true Kim. she is the sweetest darling. We can't wait to see her. Jonny's singing for us tonight---a new twist for the dance boys. He's trying out for the school play! See what breaking your arms does.....but his team just came back in the finals starting out as underdogs, so the "mighty ducks" might complicate our schedule. they play in Yakima this weekend while Maria and I are in Utah. Love you all. julienne
I think we should leave the blog open for people to see. at least for now.
I think we can leave it open.
Post a Comment