Hello to all from the newest family of FOUR...PAYTON, Melanie, and chad would like to introduce everyone to Carson Alan Hallberg. Take a look at some pics of Carson from Our365 (Follow the prompts for the intuitive passwords). More pics to come once I finish some school assignments tomorrow.
The Facts
Carson was born at 8:33pm last night, March 4, 2008, in Spokane, WA at Deaconess Hospital. He was 18" long and a burly 6 pounds, 7.4 ounces (He'll thank me later for adding the extra .4 oz).
The name Carson comes from none other than The Original Cars - Carson Orme. We've loved the name and just felt like this little guy was a Carson. Alan, of course, comes from his wonderful grandfather, Alan.
The Fury
Mel has officially laid down the gauntlet to all who wish to show their birthing prowess. After vacillating a good amount of the day yesterday whether to be induced to placate the doctor's thinking that Carson might better thrive outside the womb than inside, Mel had a little test to check her contractions and the baby's heart rate. The doctor decided it was time to break Mel's water and let nature take its course.
So, Mel's water was broken at 6:09pm, she didn't really feel anything until 6:45-7pm (the technical starting point of labor) and then by 8:05pm she was at a 9 and ready to push. After 6-7 contractions' worth of pushing Carson was born. Take that world! 1 hour and 45 minutes of labor and Mel rocked the house bringing our sweet little man into the world. All this, mind you, with only the most natural of Dance and Nash blood pumping through her veins. No epidural, pitocin, HGH, or the Cream for my babe! I am beyond proud of her feat.
The Effects
Mel and Carson are both thriving at this point. Being induced, per se, at 6pm and delivering in the evening allowed for a natural nighttime sleep cycle rather than when Payton was born at 5am and we were backwards in our sleep patterns for a long time. Also, as newborns are want to do, Carson slept for over 5 hours straight last night allowing Mel some good, uninhibited sleep. Actually, out of the 4 of us, Payton - the one person not at the hospital and on baby watch - slept the worst of all. Our friends who watched him last night got , shall we say, a little extra visitor in their bed several times last night for extended periods of time.
We are now home and Mel is up and about feeling as well as can be expected. We've had a wonderful whirlwind of the last 30 hours or so. We're excited to settle down at home for a bit and enjoy each other's company. Payton has already given Carson the grand tour of his new house and is excited for "Baby Brother Carson Alan" (P's words) to read books with him tomorrow.
We love you all and hope to see anybody we can for JeVonne's hout couture regal gala for which we were invited today (beautiful GQ pic). We feel blessed for such a wonderful and gratefully uneventful labor and delivery.
Much love,
CARSON, PAYTON, Melanie, and chad
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Congratulation! It sounds like Mel and baby are doing well! I'm so happy to hear things went smoothly! I want to see pictures!!
congrats! Glad to hear everyone is doing well
Congratulations Chad, Mel and Payton on the new family member! As for naming your new boy Carson, well, I am at a loss for words. All I can say is that I am bursting with pride right now...and I want to assure you that you have made the right choice.
Thanks for your political endorsement of our son Cars. As for pics, I'll get those up before long.
Congrats! We're so excited for you! As with everyone else, can't wait to see pictures, and even more so, can't wait to see the little guy in a couple weeks! Yahoo! Good work Mel...you're amazing! We grateful everyone is feeling well. Love you!
PS- Just checked out the photos. How cute! Love that first one with Payton. He looks so grown up! Congrats again.
Not sure if this is the same link I sent out last night for pics, but here's the link to our heospital's set of the same pics. http://tinyurl.com/2r285b
Love to all (...and we may see some of you in Seattle this weekend depending on Mel and Carson's health and fatigue).
Chad and mel! that picture of carson and payton looks so cute! congrats to all of you! glad everyone is doing great! hugs and kisses all around! -jared and hannah
That is wonderful. Thanks for writing such a good account of the birth of little Carson! Hopefully Anna and Matthew will be able to post some pics of their little girl sometime. I don't think Uncle Matt has converted to the ol digital camera yet!
YEAH Mel!!! You go! I can't believe how tough you are...well, I can believe it but seriously, way to go! I'm so glad everything went so perfectly. Jane was 6lbs 7 oz as well! I don't know about the .4 oz though...Carson may have her beat! SHe's a chunky 13 lbs now! Can't wait to see him!!
WOW! What great news!! We are excited to see new baby Carson next week and the rest of the fam! We are coming to Seattle for Jevonne's wedding and can't wait to see you all. Mel YOU ARE A STUD!! Way to be!
Post a Comment